Taxi, Limo, Rideshare
Licensed Taxi Stands are at the lower level curb front (outside of Baggage Claim) at each terminal. In addition, loading zones for Rideshare services (Uber, Lyft or Via) are available in Terminals 2 and 5 and the Kiss-N-Fly zone, located on the northwest corner of the MMF. Access the road from door 6. On the other hand, pre-arranged and on-demand limousine services are available at each terminal. Pick-up is available from the lower level center road lane outside of baggage claim.
There are Taxi Stands at the lower level curb front (outside of Baggage Claim) at each terminal. Taxi service is available to Chicago and suburban destinations.
Please make sure to use the designated Taxi Stands to ensure you have a licensed driver. For your safety, do not accept rides from drivers outside the cab stand or on the departure level (second level) of the terminal roadways.
All taxis should have a working meter to calculate the fare based on time and mileage.
- Fares are based on traffic conditions, but an average fare from O'Hare to downtown Chicago is $30-40
- Journey time (during off-peak hours) is 30 to 40 minutes.
- For wheelchair accessible vehicles, please call 1-888-928-2227
Shared ride service is available to those who wish to share a ride and pay a flat rate to certain destinations if multiple parties are available for the trip. Shared ride fares from O'Hare include:
- Downtown ($24 per person)
- McCormick Place ($24 per person)
- Midway International Airport ($37 per person)
A Rideshare (or TNP) company provides prearranged transportation services for compensation through an Internet-enabled application or digital platform to connect passengers with drivers of vehicles for hire.
Loading zones for Rideshare services are at the following locations:
- Terminal 2 - waiting area Upper Level between Door 2A and Door 2D
- BLACK Zone A - Outside North of vestibule 2A
- BLUE Zone B - Outside vestibule 2A
- ORANGE Zone C- Outside vestibule 2B
- GREEN Zone D - Outside vestibule 2D
- Passengers should wait in the specific colored zones until their TNP arrives to the same colored zone before proceeding to the designated pick-up location. A waiting area inside is available between vestibules 2A and 2D.
- Terminal 5 - waiting area Lower Level Door 5B. Uber Black will pick up on the Lower Level.
- Multi-Modal Facility - services at the MMF are to be conducted ONLY from the Kiss-N-Fly, located on the northwest corner of the MMF. Access the road from door 6.
For more information about the Rideshare program, please visit the City of Chicago website.
Pick up for stretch limos are at the O'Hare Shuttle Bus Center. Stretch limos pick up for Terminals 1 and 2, just after door 4, pick up for Terminal 3, just before door 1 at the Shuttle Bus Center.
Limousines are available for both City of Chicago and suburban destinations.
Contact your company of choice near the ride boards to make reservations. You may also reference the list of pre-arranged limousine services posted near the airport information booths across from Door C, located on the lower level of each terminal.
If you have pre-arranged a pick up with a limousine company, you should call the service once you have claimed your luggage. They will provide you with a license plate number, a description of the car, and/or a door number where you can meet the driver. Liveries can only meet passengers at designated areas on the the lower level center lane (lane 2). Depending on airport traffic, it can take between 5 and 20 minutes for the vehicle to get to the designated pickup location.
Meeting Drivers in Baggage Claim
Some limousine services can arrange to have their drivers meet arriving passengers in the Baggage Claim area or in other pre-designated pick up locations within the Baggage Claim area. The driver can then assist with luggage and take the passenger directly to the vehicle. O'Hare provides designated livery parking directly across from each of the terminals. It is typically a 5 to 7 minute walk to the vehicle.